1st International Bay Area Circular Economy Conference, 20-22 November, Macao
Main purpose of the conference was to introduce success stories and new challenges from “World factory” to “World-class green bay area”, by inviting research institutes from the Florida Bay Area, the Japan Bay Area, the Norwegian Bay Area, the Italian city group, and the Brazilian city group.
Contributions given by the University of Naples Parthenope:
- Keynote Speech by prof. Sergio Ulgiati: Urban Well-being Laboratories. Quality of resources and relations as drivers’ for capacity building, circular economy, environmental integrity and social development
- Construction and demolition waste. State of the art, circular perspectives, and planning policies in the Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy. (Cristiano, S., Ghisellini, P., Gonella, F., & Ulgiati, S.)
- Assessing the sustainability of urban eco-systems through Emergy-based circular economy indicators (Remo Santagata, Amalia Zucaro, Silvio Viglia, Maddalena Ripa, Xu Tian and Sergio Ulgiati)
- Food waste mining within circular agro-industry. The value chain of wine, olive oil, and dairy products (Amos Ncube, Mariana Oliveira, Remo Santagata, Annalisa Cocozza, Carolina Panfilo, Maria Colella, Gabriella Fiorentino, Amalia Zucaro and Sergio Ulgiati)
- Identifying the key indicators for EEE aftermarket maturity in the Circular Economy (Sven Kevin van Langen, Patrizia Ghisellini and Renato Passaro)